It's Just Like Christmas
New gear! New gear!Check this out... it's the coolest thing since a vegetable peeler! This is a water purification system that will keep me from spending a significant part of my trip on the toilet... or dehydrated. You can read all about it at: www.hydro-photon.com
Basically this little baby is a two-part deal. You first pour the water (if there's sediment in it) through a pre-filter and into a water bottle. You then immerse the light wand into the water and stir for 60-90 seconds and a UV light zaps all the bits n' pieces right outta there! Amazing, huh?
The online reviews boast that you can discreetly sanitize water even in restaurants in third world countries, but why do I think the locals may frown on that... I think I'll stick with my water bottle, thank you very much.
Also, some new hikers are coming my way - open and breathable for the HOT weather I will be enjoying. I plan on breaking them in thoroughly... yes, indeedy. Apparently you have to be very careful where you point your feet in Southeast Asia. People find it really rude to point them at others, step over other people's belongings (a bag in the aisle on a bus, etc.), and especially not at Buddah in the temples. It was important that I find something not only for hiking in, but also something that covers my toes, but still will keep me cool. The fact that they were on major sale with cheap-o shipping just helped me make the purchase!Last on the list: First Aid Kit, and Memory Card for my Camera.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home