Sunday, October 08, 2006

Autumn In Vermont

Hi all!

It has been a while since I've updated the blog with trip news - over a week now! - and I'm going to do my best to keep this up and running before I leave.

Plans are still being solidified and I've found a cooking school in Cambodia that I'm excited to attend for a day of classes. The guide books that I've purchased have been phenomenally helpful and have provided great information and entertainment for the quieter times. I must admit that they are few and far between at the moment. I'm working doing private housekeeping for a couple different clients, still at the restaurant (www.henofthewood.com - check it out!) and also doing catering work with a company called "Spice of Life". This girl is so tired and can't remember what day it is, but definitely happier than I've been this past summer.

I have pretty much everything together for the voyage - from disinfecting alcohol wipes (for the scarier hygiene situations I will surely find), moleskin for my tired hiking feet, and roll up cargo pants to band-aids, extra passport photos for my visas upon arrival, and maps to get to-and-from.

*Passport has still not arrived*

I'm glad to have another autumn in Vermont. For my friends in North Carolina - you should be jealous of the Green Mountain State when it's a million colors of fabulous. Amazing. The cold weather is coming and I'm thrilled to be missing a good chunk this year!

Signing off for now - JC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home