Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Let it Go, Let it Go, Let it Go...!

Today is a celebration.

I have officially divested myself of the last of my *things* I have chosen to let go... and it has been an interesting process. I've been thinking alot about existentialism, philosophy, and the paths we choose - and in doing so have also been thinking about the chain of ownership of my (now others') belongings. When I began to sell items it became more important for me to find the right people to purchase and less about how much money I could potentially earn.

My table and chairs are now proudly owned by a young couple in Jeffersonville, VT (I live here and I don't even know where that is...). The wife is eight months pregnant and they are moving into their first home - out of his parent's place. Rich and his family in Nasha, NH now have the ReplayTV I had up for sale. His young daughter took ownership of his first Replay to record her children's programs and now he has one of his very own, too. Matt works for a small publishing company in Burlington and after divesting himself of his television for travels abroad, now has a nice flatscreen TV and DVD player. A new nurse, Kim, was SO thrilled to get my futon loveseat and chair from me... her first job out of school landed her a nice second floor appartment where she gets to live on her own for the first time in her life. She fell in love with the futons like I did and now they have a great new home. Friends Wendy and Greg took my wine glasses, vases, and TV stand off my hands and I know I will continue to get to *visit* my old things... and even drink some wine from them!

Work is winding down for the time being - the catering company had the last of it's seasonal events this past saturday and I will be wrapping up housekeeping at the Lang House this week, too. The restaurant has been amazingly busy the past several weeks and in just over a week I will be done there, as well.

It's rainy and cold here, but my spirits are soaring. I feel amazingly free today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home