Saturday, October 21, 2006

Lucky Duck

It's not just about a week and a half until departure and I had the BEST strike of luck this week!

While waiting tables at Hen of the Wood, I met a really cute, young couple who were vacationing in Vermont. Through further discussion I found out that she's from Bangkok! The couple met while teaching together in Thailand and after four years of being there together they now have a long-distance relationahip. He lives in NYC. Anyhow - she's returning to Bangkok today and was so excited to tell me about where to go, what to see, etc... that she gave me her e-mail address and wants to meet up for a drink in a week and a half. Just my luck!

It gets better! Her father is the president of the hospital in Bangkok so if I do happen to get sick (despite the amazing amount of vaccinations I've had), I will be taken care of.

Kinda cool coincidence, huh?

Less than a week left of work...

And that's the news in Vermont, folks. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home