Dinner and Contraception
Hello folks! I went to a restaurant like no other last night with some new friends... "Cabbages and Condoms".
Since I last wrote I found out that this restaurant is run by a government agency that is advocating safe sex and trying to promote AIDS education, too. All the proceeds from the gift shop and food sales go directly to this government run organization and other charities. Pretty cool. It's located on the shadiest street I've ever seen, but it's surprisingly delightful once inside!
The food was amazing and the priciest stuff on the menu was 150b which is less than $5. I wish we could do that in the States. Apparently unless you're going for a really really fancy meal this is the average pricing for Thai food. Western food is definitely more!
Their were two levels, the upper was where the nine of us sat... this is the view from the balcony where we were. The trees had vines hanging down off of them and twinkling lights everywhere.

And here's a picture of the dulcimer player that was there... she was so amazing!
After that I went straight back to the hotel even though the girls were going out. After going to bed early I can proudly say that I think I've officially adjusted to time here. I'm just about out of time with the internet here at the hotel - and I bought time here before I realized how much pricier it is here than other places. Look forward to a post tomorrow morning about my trip on the river ferry to Wat Pho to see the world's largest reclining Buddah, and also about the Loy Kratong Festival that I went to. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Koh Sumai in Southern Thailand to stay on the beach and see the white sand and bright blue ocean... snorkling anyone?
**Signing off***
12:34am, Wendy Guesthouse, Bangkok
Since I last wrote I found out that this restaurant is run by a government agency that is advocating safe sex and trying to promote AIDS education, too. All the proceeds from the gift shop and food sales go directly to this government run organization and other charities. Pretty cool. It's located on the shadiest street I've ever seen, but it's surprisingly delightful once inside!
The food was amazing and the priciest stuff on the menu was 150b which is less than $5. I wish we could do that in the States. Apparently unless you're going for a really really fancy meal this is the average pricing for Thai food. Western food is definitely more!
Their were two levels, the upper was where the nine of us sat... this is the view from the balcony where we were. The trees had vines hanging down off of them and twinkling lights everywhere.
And here's a picture of the dulcimer player that was there... she was so amazing!
After that I went straight back to the hotel even though the girls were going out. After going to bed early I can proudly say that I think I've officially adjusted to time here. I'm just about out of time with the internet here at the hotel - and I bought time here before I realized how much pricier it is here than other places. Look forward to a post tomorrow morning about my trip on the river ferry to Wat Pho to see the world's largest reclining Buddah, and also about the Loy Kratong Festival that I went to. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Koh Sumai in Southern Thailand to stay on the beach and see the white sand and bright blue ocean... snorkling anyone?
**Signing off***
12:34am, Wendy Guesthouse, Bangkok

1 Comments:
Hi Wendy -
Yes, I saw your comment... I'm headed to Koh Sumai today at 5pm and everything here has been amazing. I'm about to post another tale!
Dad,
Thanks for the info on the phone number. I'm being careful, I promise. I love you, Jannie.
Post a Comment
<< Home