I'm Still Standing... Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!
Hello Friends and Family -
I'm still here in Koh Phangan at The Sanctuary... I wasn't planning on staying quite this long, but I've made a great group of friends and we're enjoying eachother's company. Jo (from Austalia), Sophie and Susie (from England), Alex, Theresa and Bernie (from Austria), Monica and Garret (from Seattle), Clotide (from Paris)... etc. etc. etc. Despite the fabulous time here, it's now time to move on and see the next place on the list. I'm going to take a speed boat to the main land tomorrow and stay in Chomphon for a couple days before heading back up to Bangkok and then to Kanchanaburi. Kanchanaburi is the subject of the movie "The Bridge Over the River Kwai". It's just a short day-trip by train to the city and I'll be back in Bangkok by nightfall - to catch the flight to Phnom Penh.
This place is like a hidden treasure... only accessible by a remote boat that goes - oh, every now and again, no transportation methods other than by foot on the ground. I'm missing home right about now. Mostly all of your faces and (yes) work even. This workaholic can't seem to get it out of her blood! You can look forward to a nice, long post about this past week when I get back to Bangkok, most likely. This morning Clotide and I hiked up to one of the view points here on the edge of our beach and I took the most amazing pictures to round out the other images of Koh Phangan.
Clotide is leaving today and she's in the other half of my bungalow - we share a HUGE melon colored bathroom below our rooms that kind of resembles a big womb. It's really neat - with natural rocks forming the bounds of the space and the shower falling down between these natrural features. As a last hurrah for the group that has been here all week, we walked over to the Bamboo restaurant (over the crest of the mountain and down towards the next beach) and had a lovely fish dinner. Things here at the resort are very pricey (for food anyhow) so my Barbecued Baracuda Fish and Banana Shake were a delight at $6 total.
That's all for now - until I get a chance to properly post.
Love to all -
J
I'm still here in Koh Phangan at The Sanctuary... I wasn't planning on staying quite this long, but I've made a great group of friends and we're enjoying eachother's company. Jo (from Austalia), Sophie and Susie (from England), Alex, Theresa and Bernie (from Austria), Monica and Garret (from Seattle), Clotide (from Paris)... etc. etc. etc. Despite the fabulous time here, it's now time to move on and see the next place on the list. I'm going to take a speed boat to the main land tomorrow and stay in Chomphon for a couple days before heading back up to Bangkok and then to Kanchanaburi. Kanchanaburi is the subject of the movie "The Bridge Over the River Kwai". It's just a short day-trip by train to the city and I'll be back in Bangkok by nightfall - to catch the flight to Phnom Penh.
This place is like a hidden treasure... only accessible by a remote boat that goes - oh, every now and again, no transportation methods other than by foot on the ground. I'm missing home right about now. Mostly all of your faces and (yes) work even. This workaholic can't seem to get it out of her blood! You can look forward to a nice, long post about this past week when I get back to Bangkok, most likely. This morning Clotide and I hiked up to one of the view points here on the edge of our beach and I took the most amazing pictures to round out the other images of Koh Phangan.
Clotide is leaving today and she's in the other half of my bungalow - we share a HUGE melon colored bathroom below our rooms that kind of resembles a big womb. It's really neat - with natural rocks forming the bounds of the space and the shower falling down between these natrural features. As a last hurrah for the group that has been here all week, we walked over to the Bamboo restaurant (over the crest of the mountain and down towards the next beach) and had a lovely fish dinner. Things here at the resort are very pricey (for food anyhow) so my Barbecued Baracuda Fish and Banana Shake were a delight at $6 total.
That's all for now - until I get a chance to properly post.
Love to all -
J

2 Comments:
Hi Janice! :) *waves*
Thanks for the messages. **Waves back**
By the way, Lori, I'm still using my regular hotmail address for personal e-mails.
janiceacarte@hotmail.com
Love, J
Post a Comment
<< Home